Pale straw with slight pink hues. Grassy, passionfruit and musk with hints of lanolin on the nose. Slight spice – lemon and cracked pepper with a zesty lime finish on the palate. Creamy finish and tight acid lines.
About The Winery
The first owners of the Kaesler vineyards were Silesian pioneers who came to the Barossa Valley in the 1840s and took up 96 acres in 1891. By 1893 they had planted the entire acreage with Shiraz, Grenache, Mataro (Mourvedre) and White Hermitage vines. Some of the gnarled dry-grown Shiraz still remains and provides the backbone of the intense wines we produce.
Over time, the Kaeslers pulled vines to plant fruit trees and to keep horses and cows. The site now home to the Kaesler Cellar Door; the old brick horse stable now holds a private tasting room; the cow shed now the present restaurant, Kaesler Kitchen; Ernst Kaesler’s old house, now the Kaesler Cottages B&B.
The remaining vines mostly consisted of red and fortified varieties, some Grenache added in the 1930’s and more Shiraz planted in the 60’s and 70’s. These plantings accounting for some of the celebrated aged Shiraz we produce today.
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.